We had a few extra bananas lying around after yesterday’s banana split pie, so I decided to whip up a smoothie with them! The best part about this particular smoothie is that it’s super creamy and the banana isn’t overpowering.
- I used Simply Orange with Pineapple juice, but you could use plain old orange juice if that’s what you have around. If you do use orange juice but still want to add that extra kick, just add a little bit of pineapple juice as well.
- I didn’t really measure anything while making this, so the measurements in the recipe are more of guess-timates. Of course, you can adjust the measurements to how you see fit, or just eyeball it like I did.
- My blender actually has a “smoothie” button, but if yours doesn’t, just blend until it looks nice and smooth.
- This recipe makes for one large glass, so it’s basically just one smoothie. Just double the recipe if you want to make two!
- A lot of smoothie recipes use yogurt instead of ice cream, but I like that extra vanilla flavoring the ice cream adds.
# of Servings: one smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Simply Orange with Pineapple
- Peel a banana, then break into smaller chunks. Toss banana chunks into blender.
- Pour in the milk and orange juice, then add the ice cream.
- Blend on low for a few minutes, until smooth.